About melanin muse, a PenHaus Media Company:
melanin muse is the first digital magazine and multimedia platform created by and for Black women. We believe in the genius and magic in every Black woman! Our vision is a world where all Black women are safe, free, and own their narratives.
We are now offering paid publishing for untold stories featuring Black women on our platform! We’re seeking topics such as:
- Everyday Black Women
- Health and Wellness
- & More
Complete this form if you would like to write for our digital magazine.
Media & Communications Intern
Our Media & Communications Intern reports directly to the Creative Director. This is an internship but we don’t need help brewing coffee– We curate, create, and distribute content! Our team members are wildly optimistic self-starters, innovators, creators, and entrepreneurs! We are all PASSIONATE about women of color! If you can’t relate, then this role is not for you.
Our previous interns are currently working for Netflix, Own, Tyler Perry Studios, Swirl Films, The CW Network, Aspire TV, HBO Max, and other film & TV, media, and entertainment companies.
Main Job + Responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Pitch journalistic and editorial concepts to the Creative Director
- Interview and cover stories on WOC
- Write and edit articles on the website
- Assist with writing press releases for public relations
- Research and meet KPIs to grow our audience reach
- Attend weekly meetings, video chats, and conference calls
- Act as a liaison between the Creative Director and freelance writers
Our internship program includes 2 weeks of intensive training and ongoing on-the-job training to prepare you for permanent positions with our team and to work for larger media, film & TV, and entertainment companies. You will receive coaching and feedback every week to ensure your successful completion of the 4 -6 month internship program.
- positive attitude
- critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- advanced computer and software skills preferred (WordPress and Photoshop a plus)
- planning and organizing
- excellent communication skills
- influencing and leading
- willingness to learn
Natina Hill, Creative Director
Send resumes to email@example.com
Job Type: Part-time, Remote
Salary: Unpaid Internship